intrepid adj : invulnerable to fear or intimidation; "audacious explorers"; "fearless reporters and photographers"; "intrepid pioneers" [syn: audacious, brave, dauntless, fearless, unfearing]
- Fearless; bold; brave.
- 2000 — Lennard Bickel, Shackleton's Forgotten Men:
The Untold Tale of an Antarctic Tragedy
- Less than 70 years earlier, the intrepid James Cook in his ship Resolution had been the first explorer to cross the Antarctic Circle.
- 2000 — Lennard Bickel, Shackleton's Forgotten Men: The Untold Tale of an Antarctic Tragedy
- French: intrépide
- Norwegian: uforferdet
Intrepid can refer to:
- Chevrolet Intrepid, the International Motor Sports Association GT Championship car, which raced from 1991 to 1993
- William Stephenson, the Canadian World War II spymaster whose code name was Intrepid
- Dodge Intrepid, the automobile
- Intrepid Games, a satellite company of the computer game developer Lionhead Studios, now disbanded
- The Lunar module of the 1969 Apollo 12 lunar landing mission
- Several real and fictional ships named USS Intrepid
- Several ships named HMS Intrepid
- An American Civil War military balloon aircraft named Intrepid (balloon aircraft)
- Union of Border Worlds ship BWS Intrepid in Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom
- US-22 America's Cup Intrepid (yacht)
- The Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum in Manhattan
- Intrepid class starship (Star Trek), a fictional class of starships in Star Trek.
- Intrepid Ibex, the codename for the 8.10 (October 2008) in-development release of the Ubuntu Linux operating system
- Intrepid Travel, Australia based small group adventure company.
- Intrepid Kart, an Italian kart chassis manufacturer
intrepid in German: Intrepid
intrepid in Italian: Intrepid
intrepid in Japanese: イントレピッド
intrepid in Russian: Intrepid (значения)
intrepid in Slovenian: Intrepid
adventurous, audacious, bold, bold-spirited, brave, chivalric, chivalrous, courageous, daring, dashing, dauntless, doughty, fearless, gallant, game, greathearted, hardy, heroic, herolike, ironhearted, knightlike, knightly, lionhearted, manful, manly, plucky, resolute, soldierlike, soldierly, stalwart, steadfast, stout, stouthearted, unafraid, undaunted, valiant, valorous, venturesome